Parks and Recreation
- Economic Value Impact: Critical for Growth
- Health and Environmental Benefits: Very Important
- Social Importance: Very Important
Importance of Parks and Recreation to your future Mayor MacPherson
- Parks improve the local tax base and increase property values.
- Quality parks and recreation are cited as one of the top three reasons that business cite in relocation decisions in a number of studies.
- Parks are a tangible reflection of the quality of life in a community.
- Parks and recreation programs provide places for health and well-being that are accessible by persons of all ages and abilities
- Access to parks and recreation opportunities has been strongly linked to reductions in crime and to reduced juvenile delinquency
- Parks have a value to communities that transcend the amount of dollars invested or the revenues gained from fees. Parks provide a sense of public pride and cohesion to every community.